"...a fantastic way for children to improve their leadership skills whilst having an input in the sporting development throughout the school."
The Sports Council help to organise and enter various sporting competitions throughout the year, as well as discussing the ways that we can improve provision for PE and Sport throughout the school in order to maintain a positive attitude towards school sport.
Some of the things we have discussed at meetings so far this year are:
- How to keep everyone active daily, by implementing initiatives through ‘The Daily Mile’, such as ‘Desk to Daily Mile’ and ‘Destinations around the World’.
- Improving provision for playground games, by sorting out the playtime sheds as well as introducing a new playtime games pack.
- Entering various ‘School Games’ competitions and festivals – organising who is entering races and preparing equipment.
- Encouraging a change in culture towards physical activity at school, by having a responsibility for prompting the daily mile each day and ensuring children at playtimes have fun games to play.
Being part of the sports council is a fantastic way for children to improve their leadership skills whilst having an input in the sporting development throughout the school.
Throughout the year, the sports council will have the opportunity to be involved with various tasks to support the P.E curriculum. These include, but are not limited to:
- Organising and running school Sports Day
- Leading and implementing playground games
- Attending leadership workshops to support their personal development
- Help to enter various sports competitions
- Help ensure that equipment and resources are well stocked and keep sheds tidy
- Promote P.E and Sport throughout the school community and beyond by being model representatives and ensuring the upkeep of the sports council board.