"Parents strongly support the school. They value the welcoming environment in which their children learn effectively and feel happy."
School meals are highly popular at Down Ampney C of E Primary and many of our pupils have a cooked lunch every day. We are fortunate to have our meals delivered to us from a neighbouring school through the Gloucestershire County Council Catering services Caterlink who prepares delicious meals using fresh produce and ingredients.
Pupils with medical dietary requirements can receive meals tailored to their needs, to arrange this for your child please contact the school directly.
You can pre order meals through the ParentPay app- Log in details are sent to parents via email once pupils are enrolled. These can be booked on a weekly, monthly, or termly basis.
A school meal currently costs £2.54 payable via the ParentPay website. However, if your child is in YR, Y1 or Y2 they are free of charge under the Universal Infants Free School Meals (UIFSM) entitlement.
FREE UNIFSM School Meals
The Government implemented in September 2014 a free lunch for every primary school child in reception classes, year 1 and year 2 – Universal Infant Free School Meals. This is in addition to any pupil whose parents are in receipt of the qualifying benefits – a traditional Free School Meal.
FREE School Meals
If you currently receive one of the following benefits, then you could be entitled FREE School Meals.
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseeker’s
- Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The guaranteed element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit, provided you are not entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual household income (as assessed by HM Revenue & Customs) that does not exceed £16,190.
- Working Tax Credit ‘run-on – the payment you may receive for a further four weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
For more information, please follow the link below: